Book Review: Hush Hush

Title: Hush Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Book nr.1 in Hush Hush saga
Hardcover pages: 391
Published: October 13th 2009 by Simon and Schuster

Summary(from Goodreads): A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.



What I thought: I read this book in one day, I was really into it, it was creepy, and funny, and annoying at some parts, I really enjoyed that ( well... not the annoying part, that was..well..annoying, haha). This book had this really creepy atmosphere, where you feel like something is wrong, or something bad is going to happen (at least that is how I felt reading it), and honestly, i loved that, I enjoyed that it made me feed a little scared, and creeped out haha.

I loved the storyline, it wasn't my favorite though, I mean, I am not going to be thinking about this book a lot, like i did with the Archived, or Vampire academy and other favorite books, this book will be something that i enjoyed once, and might maybe pick up again in a few years, but probably not.

The Characters:
Nora Grey: I liked her character, I loved how she didn't fall at Patch's feet, and how she did feel creeped out by him, she knew there was something bad about him, and didn't trust him completely.
Patch: Honestly, I was also creeped out by him, I would be definitely creeped out if a guy come up to me and knew stuff about me, but I did enjoy his character at some points, I thought he was a fun character, I've read that he is a huge asshole in the second book, but I haven't read that book yet, so I don't know how I will feel about him once I finish this saga.
Vee: Oh my lord, she annoyed the crap out of me, there were parts where I did like her character, but most of the time she annoyed me to hell, If my best friend was scared of some guy, and thought he murdered someone, I would stay the hell away from that person, no questions asked, but she kept hanging out with them, it just annoyed me, and I felt like she was a bad friend for that.

Will I reread ?: I might maybe, in a few years when i've forgotten about it, but probably not though.

Will I read the rest of this saga: Yes I definitely will.

Stars: 4 stars out of 5

Interested in this book ?, you can find it here:
Goodreads
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow Friday #2, I am a Featured Blog!!

Day 25 of 30 Day Challenge and Book Review

Waiting on Wednesday: Side effects may vary